Entry Level Opportunity
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic candidate with 0-3 years of professional experience for a Landscape Architect- Designer I position. Responsibilities will include assisting the design team
with master planning, conceptual site design, graphic representation(hand and/or digital renderings), construction documentation/detailing and construction administration.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Ability to multi-task under rigid deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with clients and colleagues
- Amazing organizational and time management skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
Working with us, you will:
- Create landscape architectural drawings for all project phases
- Work in a collaborative, integrated environment, teaming with other design professionals to compile data and prepare design solutions
- Follow the Design Team’s application of landscape architectural standards and guidelines
- Participate in design meetings, work sessions, and public forums
- Consult with product manufacturers, evaluate, and select construction materials
- Assist in editing technical specifications and reviewing shop drawings
- Participate in marketing efforts including printing, proposal development, interview participation and presentations
- Regularly visit Charleston area construction sites to gather information, review design intent, and inform Team
- Occasionally travel outside of the Charleston area
DesignWorks offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package including group health insurance, matching 401(k), continuing education reimbursement, excellent work/life balance, PTO, and off- site office parking. While remote working is available, this position will primarily work from our downtown historic second story storefront office on King Street.
Please send portfolios and resume to Alison Schmidt, [email protected].
No office visits or phone calls please.
DesignWorks is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.